Cherry Microwave Clafouti is my weekend special dessert to make in the comfort of microwave. Silvered almonds in the dessert enhances its overall taste appeal!!
Cherry Microwave Clafouti
- 1 microwave
- 1 bowl
- 1 baking dish
- 2 cups Sweet cherries, pitted
- 3 pieces Eggs
- 2 tbs Slivered almonds
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Flour (all-purpose)
- 1 tbs Brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 3/4 tsp Almond extract
- 1 cup Whole milk
- Powdered sugar to do dusting
- Initiate microwave dessert making by taking baking dish being microwave safe (Preferably 8x8 or 9x9) and completely butter it up.
- In the next step, take medium mixing bowl and fill it by mixing up almonds and cherries. Then add up eggs, sugars, flour and salt. Mix them all in gradual manner.
- Then whisk milk, vanilla and almond extract together. Mix with bowl mixture and add it to greased baking dish.
- Then allow it to gradually microwave for the next 40 minutes or more if required. Make sure that the clafouti has turned brown colored. Take out and allow few minutes for the lovely dessert to cool down.
- You can top your dessert with powdered sugar to enhance its look and taste. Enjoy freshly made microwaved clafouti!!
Nutritional ingredients of cherry
- Calories: 87 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 22 grams
- Dietary Fiber: 3 grams
- Sugars: 18 grams
- Protein: 1 gram
- Fat: 0 grams
- Vitamin C: 18% of the Daily Value (DV)
- Vitamin A: 4% of the DV
- Potassium: 5% of the DV
- Copper: 5% of the DV
- Vitamin K: 4% of the DV
- Manganese: 3% of the DV
Cherries are not only delicious but also offer a range of health benefits. They are a good source of antioxidants, particularly anthocyanins, which contribute to their vibrant red color and may have anti-inflammatory and heart-protective properties. Cherries also contain melatonin, which can aid in regulating sleep patterns.
Things to pay attention to when cooking Cherry Microwave Clafouti
- Cherry Preparation: Wash and pit the cherries before adding them to the clafouti. If using fresh cherries, make sure they are properly pitted to avoid any unwanted surprises while enjoying the dessert.
- Even Distribution: After placing the cherries in the microwave-safe dish, ensure they are evenly distributed. This will help each serving of clafouti have a balanced distribution of cherries for consistent flavor.
- Batter Consistency: When preparing the batter, aim for a smooth and lump-free consistency. Use a whisk to combine the ingredients thoroughly, ensuring there are no pockets of dry flour or clumps of egg.
- Microwave Power: Different microwaves have varying power levels. Adjust the cooking time accordingly. Start with the suggested cooking time and then check the clafouti’s doneness. You can always add a little more time if needed, but be cautious not to overcook and dry out the dessert.
- Doneness Test: To check if the clafouti is cooked, insert a toothpick or a knife into the center. It should come out clean or with only a few moist crumbs. Avoid overcooking, as the clafouti continues to cook slightly even after being removed from the microwave.
- Resting Period: Allow the clafouti to rest for a few minutes after taking it out of the microwave. This helps the dessert settle and allows the flavors to meld together.
- Serving Temperature: Clafouti is best enjoyed warm. Serve it shortly after cooking to relish the velvety texture and the combination of flavors.
- Garnish and Presentation: Elevate the visual appeal of your clafouti by garnishing it with a dusting of powdered sugar, a sprig of fresh mint, or a drizzle of melted chocolate. Presentation matters, even for microwave desserts!
- Experimentation: Feel free to personalize your clafouti by experimenting with different types of cherries, additional fruits, or flavorings like almond extract or a hint of citrus zest.
- Serving Vessels: Choose microwave-safe and oven-safe dishes for making clafouti. Traditional ceramic ramekins or baking dishes work well. Ensure that the chosen dish is of an appropriate size to a llow the clafouti to rise and cook evenly.
FAQs of Cherry Microwave Clafouti
- Can I use frozen cherries instead of fresh ones? Absolutely! While fresh cherries offer optimal flavor, frozen cherries work well too. Just make sure to thaw and drain them before using.
- Can I adjust the sweetness level? Of course! Feel free to customize the sweetness by varying the amount of sugar or using alternative sweeteners to suit your taste.
- How do I store leftovers? If you somehow manage to have leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. To reheat, gently warm individual portions in the microwave for about 20-30 seconds.
- Can I substitute the milk with a non-dairy option? Certainly! Almond milk, oat milk, or coconut milk can be wonderful alternatives, maintaining the creamy texture and enhancing the flavor profile.
- Can I add other fruits to the clafouti? Absolutely! While cherries are the star, you can experiment by adding blueberries, raspberries, or sliced peaches for a delightful twist.
In conclusion, the Cherry Microwave Clafouti is a testament to the magic of culinary innovation. With its swift preparation, rich flavors, and warm embrace, this dessert exemplifies the perfect harmony between convenience and gourmet delight. Whether you’re a seasoned chef looking for a quick indulgence or a busy food enthusiast seeking a moment of luxury, this recipe promises to enchant your taste buds with its effortless elegance. So, embrace the joy of creation, savor each bite, and relish the artistry you’ve brought to life in just a matter of minutes. Happy cooking and happy indulging!